This Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect personal information about visitors to our website and our clients, how we use their information and what we do to protect it.
We may update this Privacy Notice and our website page from time to time so would encourage you to check it occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our services, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data, these should be referred in the first instance to the Centre for Advanced Textiles at ku.ca.asg@tac or write to Centre for Advanced Textiles, Glasgow School Of Art Ground Floor, Reid Building 164 Renfrew Street Glasgow G3 6RF. Alternatively, you can telephone 0141 353 4742.
GSA’s Data Protection Officer is Tom McDonnell: .
You have the right to lodge a formal complaint against GSA’s use of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- use our website;
- sign up to receive our electronic newsletter,
- when you create or process an online order with us.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address and information about what website pages are accessed and when.
Legal Basis for holding your personal data
For the personal data the GSA holds and processes about you, the GSA by law, has to provide you with the legal basis under which it is being processed. This can be based on Consent, Performance of Contract, Legal Obligation, Public Interest, Vital Interest or Legitimate Interest.
We rely on the following legal basis for the purposes described:
Performance of Contract.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- contact you through our newsletter about our services;
- process your order;
- seek your views or comments in relation to our services;
- notify you of changes to our business or services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis and will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to process your bookings securely, or until you opt-out of receiving communication from us. You will not be signed onto our mailing list without providing us with consent first. You can opt out of our online and offline marketing at any time by following the instruction at the bottom of our e-newsletters, or by emailing ku.ca.asg@tac.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell your information to third parties or share your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf.
Third party service providers may be given access to your name and email address for the purposes of completing tasks on our behalf (for example to edit newsletter templates and send email newsletters).
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties and will never sell your information to external parties for marketing or other purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. If you no longer wish to receive email communication about our services then you are able to unsubscribe.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to Centre for Advanced Textiles. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at ku.ca.asg@tac or write to Centre for Advanced Textiles, Glasgow School Of Art Ground Floor, Reid Building 164 Renfrew Street Glasgow G3 6RF. Alternatively, you can telephone 0141 353 4742.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Google Chrome.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice applies only to our website and so we encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit as we cannot be responsible for their practices even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the practices of the operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the Privacy Notice of that third-party site.
As a user, you have several rights concerning your personal data:
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Centre for Advanced Textiles hold about you.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal data about you or complete any incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure: You can request the deletion or removal of your personal data when there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move, copy, or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure manner.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal data in specific situations, such as direct marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms, or if the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when you have objected to the processing, and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override your rights.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to our use of your personal data, these should be referred in the first instance to the Centre for Advanced Textiles at ku.ca.asg@tac or write to Centre for Advanced Textiles, Glasgow School Of Art Ground Floor, Reid Building 164 Renfrew Street Glasgow G3 6RF. Alternatively, you can telephone 0141 353 4742.
You can also refer any questions or complaints to GSA’s Data Protection Officer, Tom McDonnell at: ku.ca.asg@noitcetorpatad.
You have the right to lodge a formal complaint against GSA with the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk:
Review of this Privacy Notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24 September 2019.